Stay informed on our latest news!
- Currently represents more than 200 clients in pursuing their Alabama franchise tax refund claims as a result of the 1999 U.S. Supreme Court case, South Central Bell v. Alabama.
- Currently represents VFJ Ventures, Inc. in Montgomery County Circuit Court in the only known pending constitutional challenge to an intangibles and interest expense add-back statute.
- Recently assisted with representation of several automotive suppliers to obtain tax and non-tax incentives for construction of new facilities in Alabama.
- Represented AT&T in an appeal of an Alabama business privilege and corporate shares tax assessment wherein and portion of both statutory schemes was held unconstitutional.
- Represented Knauf Insulation in an appeal of an Alabama income tax assessment in a case of first impression determining whether payment of certain types of state taxes and related taxpayer activities prohibited throwback of the out-of-state sales back to Alabama